Friday, January 4, 2013

The best advice that I have ever been given


 

I found such a special surprise in my mailbox today!  I started teaching 6 years ago, and a student from my first year of teaching had left a gift for me at school.  In the giftbag, I found two adorable outfits for Milo, but the best part was the letter that she wrote!  I was immediately brought to tears by her kind and loving words!  She is such a special young lady and has amazing parents!  She gave me advice based on what she admired and cherished about her parent's parenting style - I had to share her advice, it is the best advice that I have ever been given:
She wrote....
"1.  Put time with me above everything else.  My mom always said, "I can always clean the house but I won't always have you"
2.  Let me use my imagination - I used to love playing pirate and helping my mom "mop the poop-deck" and this played to her advantage as well:)
3.  Love each other - my parents have shown me true love and now I won't settle for anything but the best!  I used to say "eww" when I saw them kiss but I always knew that they loved each other and I found comfort in that.
4.  Showed me how fortunate I am  - my mom used to take my sister and I to volunteer and I got to see how lucky I was
5.  Taught me not to pity those who have less but to offer a helping hand
6.  Quality time with each parent;  I love doing yardwork, canoeing and running with my dad but it feels weird with my mom - it is me and daddy's thing
7.  Teaching me to follow my gut when making decisions
8.  Supporting me in everything that I do
9.  J.O.Y. Jesus, Others, Yourself
10. Teaching me that bad decisions don't make me a bad person
11.  Always express my emotions - my parents told me this constantly
12.  Service makes yourself and those you are serving happier
13.  Find your passion and live for it!

I know that she is wise beyond her years!  For a high schooler to take the time to write her 6th grade teacher a letter filled with such wisdom and love was so wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't that such a thoughtful letter! I was so surprised and choked up over such wisdom from a high schooler!

      Delete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor Itua for more info on WhatsApp +2348149277967 / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete