Sunday, November 25, 2012

Love at first sight

While I don't have a birth story to share...I have something so much more amazing, Milo's coming home story!

I worked on Monday, November 19th to take my mind off of the excitement! I left work and hurried home to get last minute things ready. We vacuumed and cleaned and anxiously waited for our social worker to call saying that the birth parents had signed the paperwork and that things were actually going to happen! We had been on pins and needles and just kept praying that everything was going smoothly.

Milo was supposed to arrive between 4:30 and 5, so when those times passed by without hearing from our social worker, I began to panic! When I say panic, I mean PANIC!!!! Did something go wrong? Is there a problem?

Then the social worker called saying that papers were signed and they were on their way!!! EEKKK the excitement was incredible! Milo's birth dad flew in from CA to sign the papers and wanted to be the one to hand over Milo to me. How special is that! So at about 6:15 we heard commotion outside our front door. Ed answered the door and Milo's birth grandfather was standing there holding a beautifully wrapped gift for Milo in his arms and behind him, his son was walking up our front sidewalk holding this tiny little bundle wrapped in a blue blanket. I immediately LOST IT! We were sobbing uncontrollably! Milo's birth dad walked through our front door and handed me Milo and it was honestly the most beautiful and perfect moment of my life!

I admire Milo's birth dad so much! For a 16 year old to fly in to do what he feels is best for his son and to want to be there when he was placed with his adoptive parents is amazing beyond understanding! His birth dad and grandfather cried seeing us with Milo. It was magical!!!

I was worried about missing the moment that he was born, but the moment we got to meet our son was far beyond the emotions that I honestly feel that I would have felt had I been there for the birth. It was years of struggle and heartache melting away. Milo has completely replaced those feelings with feelings of "it was so worth it" and love for our son! I know that he is meant to be ours, was always meant to be ours! His due date was the same due date as the baby that I lost! He is so perfectly worth every tear shed and every moment of heart ache!

So now, we are getting to know our precious son and enjoying being a mommy and daddy! We are so in love with him and looking at his face is the most amazing feeling in the world! There is so much love that we have for our son, I never knew this type of love existed! It is amazing how you can love someone so much so instantly! It was love at first sight for sure!!!
11.22.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment